[rt-users] EX_TEMPFAIL Error

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Wed Nov 12 15:16:18 EST 2008

> I am now so sick of seeing this message and not able to sort it. Can
> anyone PLEASE tell me how to sort this out once and for all?

Your RT log should have error message that correspond to this.  Look
in /var/log/messages (assuming a reasonably common syslog
configuration), and make sure you're logging debug priority messages.
In RT_*Config.pm:

  Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');

(But note recent messages to this list regarding the performance
impact of logging at this priority level).

You should be able to trigger this problem on demand in order to
diagnose it.  Get a copy of the message that triggered the error, and
then pipe it to:

  /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'IT Helpdesk' --action correspond
--url http://rt.con.com/

You should see useful error messages either on your screen or in the log.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at oddbit.com>