[rt-users] deactivate_scrip / QueueDeactivatedScrip functionality in RT 3.8?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Wed Nov 12 15:22:50 EST 2008

> Alternatively, is there a better way to do the same thing nowadays (the
> patch allows you to select which global scrips to use on a per-queue
> basis, which means that we don't have to duplicate scrips per queue so
> much -- I had a quick look for the functionality existing in other areas
> of RT but didn't find anything)?

Yeah, this is exactly the feature we're looking for, also.  Given that
there's already a model for this -- Custom Fields, which are created
globally and then associated with specific queues (or all queues) --
it seems handling scrips the same way would make a lot of sense.  With
the current system, if we want to create a single queue that is
excluded from a global scrip, we have to delete the global scrip and
then implement a per-queue scrip for *every other queue*.  Crazy!

It occurs to me that one might be able to mitigate this somewhat
through the use of custom fields (e.g., "only apply this scrip for
queues that have the UseSpecialScript custom field set to 'enable'"),
but that's just a workaround.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at oddbit.com>