[rt-users] Upgrade RT

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 11:47:08 EST 2008

> What switches did you use to dump the mysql? I see few gotcha's about
> using binary characters
> and separate dump  for attachment table and stuff

OK, yes, I've just looked at an attachment to one of our tickets, and
yes, it's corrupted.  Bugger.  So I've obviously missed something.  I
thought that all one needed to do was to apply the mysql 4.0->4.1
patches at the appropriate point, but clearly something is wrong.  Or
is it what you allude to above, and we need to do something smarter
when dumping the Attachment table?  Can you give me some references to
where you've seen the gotchas?

Tim