[rt-users] ExternalAuth installation problems and can Authenticating RT against Active Directory be done with version 3.8?

Kevin Murphy kevinm at f9e.com
Wed Nov 19 20:29:31 EST 2008

Hi RT List,

I am in the process of setting up RT3.8 for an evaluation as we seek a
replacement for our current horrendous support ticketing system.

Apologies if the issues are simple configuration ones, but I am not
familiar with Perl or CPAN (aside from following instructions to get a
Bugzilla installation up running with Apache mod-perl).

I set up an Ubuntu 8.10 LAMP server and installed RT 3.8.  That went
smoothly and RT is running.

I run into problems with ExternalAuth...

I have read the ExternalAuth wiki page
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ExternalAuth) and a thread
describing how this was accomplished
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/77286) but my major
problem at this point is that I can't seem to get ExternalAuth
installed.  I attempted installing with CPAN, but that resulted in:

Warning: Cannot install RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, don't know what it is.

Try the command

i /RT::Authen::ExternalAuth/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

So, I followed the manual install instructions, but when I run

                Perl Makefile.PL

The response is

                Cannot determine perl version info from
lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm

Cannot determine author info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm

Cannot determine license info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm

Using RT configuration from /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:

./etc   => /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc

./html  => /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html

./lib   => /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib

Cannot determine perl version info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm

Writing Makefile for RT::Authen::ExternalAuth

Can anyone inform me of what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks