[rt-users] Find out the original queue for a ticket that has been moved

Ernesto Hernandez-Novich emhnemhn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:08:45 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 10:15 -0430, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> I have a "master" queue where almost everyone sends requests. A clerk
> looks at the tickets there and then places them in a different queue for
> processing. I'd like to have a query/report that shows the ticket, the
> queue it is currently in, and the queue it originated from if different
> from the current queue.
>
> The Ticket table only has the current queue, and I can't find any
> obvious way to join Transactions. Hints or better ideas?

I've got this query

  select d.name     as "Source Queue",
         h.name     as "Destination Queue",
         u.name     as "Moved by",
         t.created  as "On"
    from transactions t, queues d, queues h, users u
   where t.objecttype = 'RT::Ticket'
     and t.type       = 'Set'
     and t.field      = 'Queue'
     and t.oldvalue   = d.id
     and t.newvalue   = h.id
     and t.creator    = u.id
     and t.objectid   = ?
order t.created;

that brings the exact information needed by the report given a ticket
number as the single parameter. Now I need to turn this into an RT
custom Report, and so far I've been able to create the form to get the
value of the ticket and place it in the Reports tab, but so far I
haven't been able to figure out how to translate the SQL query into RT's
API (if possible).

I've looked at CreatedByDates.html,
ResolvedByDates.html,ResolvedByOwner.html and TimeWorked in the WiKi,
but they all use TicketSQL which I (obvioulsy?) cannot use. Any hints on
what to read or do?

--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.18 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.