[rt-users] Custom scrip to parse new emails and reject them

Steve Hopps steve.hopps at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:54:52 EST 2008

Okay, I've managed to get this to capture new tickets created via the
helpdesk, but it's still not grabbing tickets created via e-mail. Here's
what I have so far:
Condition: User Defined
Action: User Defined
Template: Global template: Blank
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom Condition:
my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj; my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj; my
$Attachment = $Transaction->Attachments; my $AttFirst = $Attachment->First;
my $Content = $AttFirst->Content; my $test = 0; $test = 1 if (lc($Content)
=~ m/the caller hung up before leaving a message/i); if($test == 1) { return
1; } return;

Custom Action Prep:
$self->TicketObj->SetStatus( "rejected" ); return 1;

Custom Action Cleanup:
return 1;

So if I create a new ticket using the new ticket function of the helpdesk,
and paste in the line I want to match, the ticket is rejected immediately
upon creation.

However, emails that come from our voicemail system still become tickets
with a status of 'new'

Any suggestions? I appreciate any help, right now we spend way too much time
just clearing out these empty tickets :(

-Steve