[rt-users] Search for Requestor when opening a new ticket

Troy Brown tbrown at shawls.lib.il.us
Wed Nov 26 12:21:38 EST 2008

I'm evaluating rt3 to replace our current helpdesk software.  So far I like
everything I see, but I have one question.

We still have a lot of our end-users call into our department to enter a
help call.  Since there are over 600 of them, we don't have all their email
addresses memorized and they aren't the easiest things to type (just take a
look at mine).  What I would like to know is, when I click on "new ticket
in" and I have the requestor field, is there a way to search based on their
real name and have that be input into the requestor field?  Or is there
another way to search for the requestor and then start a new ticket from
that point.

Thanks in advance!

Troy Brown

IT Manager

Shawnee Library System

618-985-3711 x2021

 <mailto:tbrown at shawls.lib.il.us> tbrown at shawls.lib.il.us

Shawnee is one of nine multitype Library Systems cooperating to provide
vital services to the citizens of Illinois.