[rt-users] RTx-Shredder speed (or lack of!)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Thu Nov 27 08:14:16 EST 2008

I've just been running RTx-Shredder for the first time in quite a while,
and I get *really* slow speeds out of it... 67 minutes to delete 10
tickets. I'm sure I remember doing 1000s in a day with a previous version.

RT itself is quite responsive, so I don't think it's a general server issue.

I'm using
   time ./rtx-shredder  --plugin 'Tickets=queue,probablespam;status,deleted'
and I get offered 10 tickets to delete, and then much later:
   real    67m38.004s
   user    0m8.891s
   sys     0m0.320s

Is there something I should be looking at here? A missing index or
something? I can see that my Attachments and CachedGroupMembers tables
have ~3M rows, for example.

Thanks for any pointers...

Howie