[rt-users] OLE objects in e-mail requests

Lamers, Dan dlamers at elcan.com
Thu Oct 2 11:05:46 EDT 2008

Many of our users are trying to be helpful by pasting a screen shot in their
e-mail requests.  When these messages become tickets in RT, the screen shot
is replaced by <<...OLE_Obj...>> and we have no idea what it is that we are
supposed to see.  I've search the web for a couple of days and I think this
is related to Postfix rather than RT, but I'm hoping someone has some advice
on how to have the OLE object become an RT attachment.

My environment is Ubuntu 6.06, RT 3.6.5, postfix 2.2.10 with Outlook and
Exchange 2003 on the client side.

Thanks,
Dan

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you.