[rt-users] searching resolved ticket dependancies

Alex Young alexyoung at scoutsolutions.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 19:55:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

          I'm trying to do a search of tickets that are new and open,
but only if they don't depend on any other tickets or the tickets they
depend on has been resolved.

I had this so far:

( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' ) AND FinalPriority > 0 AND Due < '2
days' AND DependsOn = 'NULL'

This wont quite work, as it wont display tickets when their parent
dependant ticket has been resolved.

I want do this so I can use rt-crontool to escalate tickets each
evening, while leaving dependant tickets untouched until their parent
dependant has been resolved.

Any ideas? Can it be done?

Thanks.