[rt-users] Action::EscalatePriority messing up my ticket history

Bernd Kuhlen -WetterOnline- bernd.kuhlen at wetteronline.de
Thu Oct 9 06:38:19 EDT 2008

Dear Alex, Dear List,
thanks for your quick response. I should add that I'm using RT-3.8.1
on FreeBSD6.3/amd64 (which I forgot in my first mail).

I did the following (which didn't quite help me):

mkdir -p Callbacks/MyCallbacks/Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory in my <rt-
root>/local/html/Ticket directory. The whole directory "Callbacks"
hadn't existed beforehand.
Into the file "SkipTransaction" I dumped the following:

<%init>
   $$skip = 1 if (($_SkipSystemMessages) && ($Transaction->Creator eq
1));
</%init>
<%args>
$Transaction => undef
$skip => undef
$_SkipSystemMessages => undef
</%args>

Then in my "Display.html" I changed this block

<& /Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory ,
      Ticket => $TicketObj,
      Tickets => $Tickets,
      Collapsed => $ARGS{'Collapsed'},
      ShowHeaders => $ARGS{'ShowHeaders'},
      Attachments => $attachments,
      AttachmentContent => $attachment_content,
      _SkipSystemMessages => !0        <----- that's what I added
      &>

I must confess I don't have a clue what this code is doing I'm not a
programmer. The only thing I know: my ticket history is still being
messed up with priority-change entries.

I'm wondering if I could fix my problem by simply denying any existing
rights for the user doing the cron job. Of course the Right
"ModifyTicket" is needed but maybe there's some right for tracing
changes in the history ?

best regards,
Bernd

On 9 Oct 2008, at 11:29, Alex Young wrote:

> I set RT to hide some of the history using this:
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/HideTransactions
>
> All I have done is set it to hide the history of the RT_System user
> and
> the user I have setup to escalate the tickets. You can still see their
> entries on the history page, just not in anoy of the other pages.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards

Bernd Kuhlen
Diplom-Meteorologe