[rt-users] A reminder creates a ticket and sends email to queue watchers???

gordon at cryologic.com gordon at cryologic.com
Thu Oct 9 19:46:59 EDT 2008

kschmitte wrote:
> Hello Gordon,
>
> thanks for that hint!
>
> In my Reminders.pm I see the line "our $REMINDER_QUEUE = 'General'".
> Does this mean that that the currently used reminder queue is the queue
> General?
>
> In this case I would either change this to a "reminder" queue (where only
> the superuser has access to) or would assure that no notifications will be
> sent to for the queue "General" - is this correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kai

I created a new queue called Reminders.

In Reminders.pm I changed:

$REMINDER_QUEUE = 'Reminders'

As far as I can tell the $REMINDER_QUEUE is not actually used in
Reminders.pm so I also modified:

my $query = 'Queue = "'. $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name .'" AND Type =
"reminder"';

my $query = 'Queue = "'. $REMINDER_QUEUE .'" AND Type = "reminder"';

and:

Queue => $self->TicketObj->Queue,

Queue => "$REMINDER_QUEUE",

WARNING: This applied to RT-3.6.
A quick look at RT-3.8 indicated Reminders.pm has changed slightly.
Also I strongly doubt this is preferred way of making changes. Changes
should probably be made via an overlay in Reminders_Local.pm however I
am not sure how.

regards
Gordon