[rt-users] Trouble upgrading to 3.8.1

Panu panu at colorplaza.com
Fri Oct 10 02:44:26 EDT 2008

> From: Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker at lbl.gov>
>     I ran /tools/bin/ make fixdeps" and I got this result:

I newer point to a subdirectory, not sure if it matters though. I do
always just what the readme/install file tells me. So in the directory
where I have extracted the rt archive I do "make testdeps" and "make
fixdeps" and eventually "make install".

It's normal that it follows dependencies, and tests the modules as they
are installed. If you get a lot of errors you may have to install those
manually either using cpan or downloading different archives and then
installing them manually.