[rt-users] deleting comments and replies from ticket

Bernd Kuhlen -WetterOnline- bernd.kuhlen at wetteronline.de
Fri Oct 10 03:50:54 EDT 2008

Hi there,
in the searchable mailing list http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists I
could see, that deleting text from a ticket history has been an issue
before. But maybe something changed within the past 2 years, so I'm
going to ask here again. Is there a (handy) way do delete a single
comment or reply from the ticket history? I know, it's not in the
concept of tickets to delete anything. But if you have sensitive
information or just a looong text that had been added by mistake it's
really annoying to have it "in the way" for the whole ticket lifetime.

So apart from connecting to the database directly (which is dangerous
anyway) does anybody know a suitable workaround?

best regards,
Bernd