[rt-users] cannot attach files to tickets via web interface

andys a.smith at ukgrid.net
Tue Oct 14 19:21:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

  Ok I resolved that issue, for some reason it wasnt using the temp dir of
the www user, even when I put a dir called tmp in there. But I had a read
through the CGI.pm file and found that after the home dir the first place it
tries is /usr/tmp which did exist but wasnt writeable by www, after changing
the permissions on this dir I can attach files :).

But now strangely the attachements arent sent to the ticket requester :S
although you can see the attachement (and download it) via the web interface
by looking at the call history. Is this the expected functionality? :S

thanks Andy.