[rt-users] RT Attachment issue from 3.6.3 to 3.8.1

Timothy Butkiewicz tbutkiewicz at cybermind.biz
Wed Oct 15 13:28:16 EDT 2008

Can we clarify this? The UPGRADING.mysql seems to allude to the fact
that latin1 should be used instead of utf8. The schema says utf8, but
the docs appear to say something else. I too am having issues with
attachments.

UPGRADING.mysql reads:

* don't use utf8 as default mysql's character set, it's default in some
  Distributives

If you still want to make upgrade of mysql and RT at once, then you can
do the
following:

4) Configure mysql 4.1 and newer to use latin1 as default character set
   everywhere.