[rt-users] Persistent sessions

David Chandek-Stark david.chandek.stark at duke.edu
Thu Oct 16 09:52:36 EDT 2008

I have tried the recipe for persistent sessions at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/PersistentSessions and it appears to
work as intended. (FWIW the main reason for implementing this change was
to make the RefreshHomepage setting persist.)  However, RT seems to be
touching the sessions (LastUpdated field in the sessions table) overnight
which effectively forces the user's session to be either reset to default
values or lost so that a new one is generated.

I have two cron jobs that touch either users or sessions. Nightly at 1am a
SQL command is run to cleanup sessions last updated more than a month ago:

        delete from sessions where LastUpdated < date_sub(now(), interval
1 month)

The second job is a Perl script that uses the API to update user info from
an external data source, and it runs hourly during business hours.

Any ideas on what could be going on here?

Thanks,
David

RT 3.8.1