[rt-users] Execute RT CLI on a foreign machine (XP)?

kschmitte kschmitte at voiceobjects.com
Thu Oct 16 11:30:52 EDT 2008

Hello All,

what would I need to do to run the RT CLI on my software development machine
(WinXP) against a RT-Installation on a Linux Server?
What files do I need to copy/install on my machine?
How would I handle the login to RT?

I have already installed Perl, but I assume that is not enough.
RT version in use is 3.6.5, Linux is Ubuntu 8.

Idea is to easily code a ticket data aggregation (for later reporting) by
using the CLI to get the number of tickets.
Or is there any better way to get access? If this doesn't work I would use
direct SQL on the DB, but from the mailings in this list I understood that
using TicketSQL is preferred.

Thanks for any help!

Kai