[rt-users] E-mail Templates are only a single character

Panu panu at colorplaza.com
Fri Oct 17 11:18:52 EDT 2008

> ALTER TABLE Templates MODIFY Content CHAR NULL DEFAULT NULL;
> ALTER TABLE Templates MODIFY Content BLOB NULL DEFAULT NULL;

I think this is the problem. I had the same happening to me.

Ole Graig told me the following:

--- cut ---

the sql.queries file
that I got out of running "etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl"
contained some destructive transforms that I had to change. Several
multi-character fields were temporarily transformed into type CHAR,
which truncated them to a single character. Check your sql.queries file
(e.g. 'grep " CHAR " sql.queries) and make sure you're not hitting the
same thing; in my case, one of the fields that was thus truncated was in
fact this same Templates.Content field. RT's templates don't work so
good when they consist of only one character.  :-)