[rt-users] Numeric ids

Jason Doran Jason.Doran at nuim.ie
Tue Oct 21 08:10:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

Is there anyway to get a logon to RT with a numeric id.

I have looked at some threads discussing this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/34013?search_string=numeric%20user%20id;#34013
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/57938?search_string=numeric%20user%20id;#57938
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/26803?search_string=numeric%20username;#26803
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/49768?search_string=numeric%20username;#49768

All our students have numeric ids (9 digit number) and we are using
LDAP authentication.

I can probably store the username as their email address, and then
LoadByGecos
(numeric id) as suggested in one of the threads. Buy where do I make
this change.
Also, I suspect that I will then try to bind to my LDAP with an email
address, rather than UID,
which wont work.

I have looked at Record.pm and I can force through autocreation
of an account with numeric id on a test system, but cannot get this to
logon by LDAP. User_Overlay.pm has some code (sub Load) that looks
like it could be
changed. Again, I do not know the side-effects of changing things here.

Any ideas/pointers, or even just someone telling me that this is not
supported at all would be good.

Regards,
Jason Doran