[rt-users] Display the name of the Requestor in the Reply/Comment composition screen somehow?

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 12:02:34 EDT 2008

Hi Rainer

> one thing that new users esp. seem to be missing is the possibility to
> display the name of the requestor on the screen where you compose the mail.
> Sometimes, our staff creates tickets on customer's behalf, sometimes not.
> So, you've got to watch when you type a "reply" and when it's just a
> "comment".

I don't know which version of RT you're using, but with 3.6.1 I've done
this. Using your local copy of .../html/Ticket/Update.html add

  %# If we're replying, show who the requestors are.
  % if ( ! $ARGS{'UpdateType'} && $ResponseDefault ) {
      <b><% $TicketObj->RequestorAddresses() %></b>
  % }

after the '</select>' of the $CanComment/$CanRespond block.

There's a drawback - it's not dynamic, if they change the Reply type to
Correspond, the requestors are still listed, and if they start as
Comment and change it to Reply, they're not listed.

Cheers
Toby

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this
message is confidential. If this message is not intended for you,
please inform postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited
by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity No. 800579
Registered office 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ.