[rt-users] Ldap Authentication setup question

Michael Mollard MollardM at mbc.qld.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 20:20:19 EDT 2008

Before I installed v .06 I 'rm-Rf /srv/www/vhosts/rt.mbc.qld.edu.au/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth', then did a full install of the module.

But just to be certain, I removed the 2 files you mentioned, and then did a complete re-install of the RT-Authen-ExternalAuth module.

Same error in rt.log file.
Same error in browser, except different line number:
Can't call method "Disabled" on an undefined value at /srv/www/vhosts/rt.mbc.qld.edu.au/bin/../lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm line 971.

Thanks for all the prompt assistance.

Michael.

Michael Mollard
Network Administrator
Moreton Bay College
mollardm at mbc.qld.edu.au
http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au
Ph: (Direct) 07 3907 5712 / (Mob) 0417 631 801
Fax: 07 3390 8919 ( http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au )

On Oct 22, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Michael Mollard wrote:

> Thanks for the assistance.
> I have downloaded and installed the latest version of RT-Authen-
> ExternalAuth-0.06_02, with RT 3.8.1(latest)
> I seem to have gotten a step further, but still have some issues.
>
> When I try and authenticate with an ldap account, my browser reports:
> "Can't call method "Disabled" on an undefined value at /srv/www/
> vhosts/rt.mbc.qld.edu.au/bin/../local/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm line
> 351, line 273."

I assume you previously installed 0.05?
You should go delete /srv/www/vhosts/rt.mbc.qld.au/local/lib/RT/
User_vendor.pm and RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm

0.05 had a bug where .pm files were being double installed

0.06_02 contains a patch for this bug

-kevin

Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com