[rt-users] Custom Field updates Status Field?

Eli Altman eli at gmnameplate.com
Fri Oct 24 11:55:27 EDT 2008

Mark, with some custom modding I suppose it would be possible to have the Status display differently depending on a user or ticket customfield.  You would also need a custom field for the ticket or user to hold the department.  In my installation, we use an LDAP for all of our users, so this information is pulled automatically and placed in a CF called 'Department' for the ticket.

You would need to add one additional Active status in your RT_SiteConfig called 'working'

Set(@ActiveStatus, qw(new open working stalled));

You would then have to mod your share/html/Elements/SelectStatus to check what the department is in the customfield and display either the actual status names in the drop-down or your replacements.  I imagine you'd also need to mod /share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowBasics so it displays the alternate labels correctly in the ticket.  You'll need some perl experience to do this cleanly.  Unless you like this sort of challenge, you'd be better off telling Bob in the Art Department to just imagine he's seeing Accepted Task, WIP, Completed instead of New, Open, Working and Resolved.  Worst case, just add the additional Active Status into your SiteConfig and restart apache to see the change.

Elias