[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth question

Michael Mollard MollardM at mbc.qld.edu.au
Tue Oct 28 01:41:58 EDT 2008

I'm running 3.8.1 on a clean SLES10SP2.  I've installed 3.8.1 and it's root/password account works fine.
I then downloaded and installed v.06_2 of RT-Authen-ExternalAuth (to try and get ldap auth working).
Before I even try and test my Ldap authenticate/autocreate, I try logging in as root/password.

In my browser I get this error.

RT::User::UpdateFromExternal Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands. (/srv/www/vhosts/rt.mbc.qld.edu.au/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html/Callbacks/ExternalAuth/autohandler/Auth line 73)

Mike Peachey suggested this:
This generally means that the User_Vendor.pm has not been found in the
right place to make its methods available. UpdateFromExternal is an
RT::User method, RT looks in User.pm and doesn't find it, ande then
checks for its existence in User_Local.pm and User_Vendor.pm. Obviously
it's just not finding or is unable to read User_Vendor.pm.

My <RT_HOME> is
	/srv/www/vhosts/rt.mbc.qld.edu.au/
The ExternalAuth plugin was installed in:
	<RT_HOME>/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/
and the only User_Vendor.pm in the whole structure is:
	<RT_HOME>/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT
User.pm lives in:
	<RT_HOME>/lib/RT/User.pm
	and
	<RT_HOME>/lib/RT/Shredder/User.pm
The v.06_2 ExternalAuth 'make install ' asked me for the location of RT.pm, and I typed:
	<RT_HOME>/lib

Have you ever seen this error? I am at a loss where to start looking, there doesn't seem to be much in the log files.  I've attached my RT_SiteConfig.pm and my system configuration from within RT.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Much thanks.

Michael Mollard
Network Administrator
Moreton Bay College
mollardm at mbc.qld.edu.au
http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au
Ph: (Direct) 07 3907 5712 / (Mob) 0417 631 801
Fax: 07 3390 8919 ( http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au )

Disclaimer: Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure that material contained in this email is free from computer viruses or other defects, the attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for use of the material transmitted. This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity names above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or telephone 07 3390 8555 and destroy the original message. The contents of this message are provided without responsibility in law for their accuracy or otherwise, and without assumption of a duty of care by the School.