[rt-users] No permission to create tickets in the queue

Alan Cheng chenga at ias.edu
Wed Oct 29 14:04:51 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I understand that Ticket_Overlay.pm sets the error message when the
requester has no right to create tickets.  I was wondering if there is a
way to customize this message as our users find it "grumpy"...  We can
modify Ticket_Overlay.pm but I would like to know if we can put
something in a custom template or script to accomplish the same thing.
Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

> #Now that we have a queue, Check the ACLS
>     unless (
>         $self->CurrentUser->HasRight(
>             Right  => 'CreateTicket',
>             Object => $QueueObj
>         )
>       )
>     {
>         return (
>             0, 0,
>             $self->loc( "No permission to create tickets in the queue
> '[_1]'", $QueueObj->Name));
>     }

Thanks,

Alan