[rt-users] Making RT 3.8.1 grok References: and In-Reply-To:

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Thu Oct 30 14:40:52 EDT 2008

> The biggest problem I see with making this an installable extension is
> that it requires patching RT/Interface/Email.pm.  It's a one-liner...
You can have _Local versions of core modules in extensions. For
something like this, you probably want to try to implement your tweak
as a wrapper around the existing code. See RTx::Tags' Search library.

http://search.cpan.org/src/JPIERCE/RTx-Tags-0.06/lib/RT/Search/Googleish_Local.pm

Also, to solve the problem of mis-filed messages (as Jesse described,
or in other unforeseen cases) a complimentary extension to fork a ticket*
at a given point (perhaps coupled with the clone ticket implementation I
seem to recall seeing) could be (generally) helpful.

* Possible starting point http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ForkIntoNewTicket
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet