[rt-users] Allowing Requestors to View Tickets in the UI

Chris Nelson cnelson at delivra.com
Thu Oct 30 14:55:28 EDT 2008

Is there a way to allow the end users of my system (the requestors) to view
their tickets in the UI? The only way I can see this is:

   1. Manually search for each requestor's email address in the Create User
   screen.
   2. Give each the right to be granted permissions and access RT.
   3. Give each user a password.
   4. Create an "All Users" group.
   5. Assign each user to the All Users group (for future features,
   hopefully).
   6. Give the All Users group the rights I want
   7. Teach every user how to use the interface to view a specific ticket.

It doesn't even look like I can specify the dashboard for each group - or
the home page.

Surely this process is not the only way to do this. Before I devote a
significant chunk of my time to this - can anyone tell me if I'm missing
something?

Thanks in advance!
-Chris