[rt-users] Moving transactions between tickets

Jonathan McKeown jonathan+rt-users at hst.org.za
Fri Oct 31 04:58:21 EDT 2008

We have a ticket in our RT 3.6.6 installation containing correspondence which
belongs to a different ticket.

(A user followed up on a ticket using a new message with a changed subject
line, sent direct to one of my technicians, rather than replying to the RT
system's address.

The technician pasted the tag in the subject line and forwarded the messages
to RT - but unfortunately pasted the wrong tag, resulting in the messages
being attached to the wrong ticket).

I know how to identify the transaction numbers (from the links to the
transactions in the ticket history), but is there any easy way to move the
transactions to the correct ticket?

Jonathan