[rt-users] Moving transactions between tickets

mcr at simtone.net mcr at simtone.net
Fri Oct 31 14:45:19 EDT 2008

    >> How hard would it be to add a "move to another ticket" option to
    >> each transaction?  Maybe one that's only available on the
    >> "History" page, rather than in the normal view?  Or maybe just a
    >> new permission to enable it?  I know I've seen requests for this
    >> sort of thing before, but I've never really thought about the
    >> implications.

    Jesse> That violates part of RT's central "history is immutable"
    Jesse> philosophy. At a code level, it should be pretty straight
    Jesse> forward, but it's unlikely to ever be accepted in the core.

  So, make it "copy", and let the original copy be marked up as having
been moved, but not remove it.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr at simtone.net>
Director -- Consumer Desktop Development, Simtone Corporation, Ottawa, Canada

SIMtone Corporation fundamentally transforms computing into simple,
secure, and very low-cost network-provisioned services pervasively
accessible by everyone.  Learn more at www.simtone.net and www.SIMtoneVDU.com