[rt-users] HOWTO Date Custom Fields

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Sep 1 15:35:25 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 13:07, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich
<emhnemhn at gmail.com>wrote:

> I need to have two or three Custom Fields holding dates (for birthdays
> and other date-dependent information unrelated to the ticket start or
> due dates). I've managed to add a regex for structural validation of the
> custom field, but would appreciate any pointers allowing me to:
>
> - Have the Date Selection picker available for the custom field, in the
> same way it is available for entering reminder dates, start date, due
> date, etc.

I think you're going to have to use a custom (local) page. A callback might
work for adding
in the picker widget, but if you look you need to do some initialization as
well, which is
presently done via onLoad for the existing date fields. But I wasn't paying
too close attention,
just replacing the easy to miss "Date" text link with a calendar icon.

- Making sure the value entered is a valid date.

I think the picker validates.
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet