[rt-users] Charset issues after upgrade to 3.8.1

F350 F350bidon at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 09:02:25 EDT 2008

Thanks for ur help.
I modified the script and excuted it on a remote machine with a newer
DBD::mysql
The output that i had is the following:

ALTER DATABASE rt3 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE ACL DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Attachments DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Attributes DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE CustomFields DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE CustomFieldValues DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE GroupMembers DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Groups DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Links DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE ObjectCustomFields DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE ObjectCustomFieldValues DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Principals DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Queues DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE ScripActions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE ScripConditions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Scrips DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE sessions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE sessions MODIFY id BINARY(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
ALTER TABLE Templates DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Tickets DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Tickets MODIFY Status VARBINARY(10) NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Tickets MODIFY Status VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET ascii NULL
DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Transactions DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Users DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY WebEncoding VARBINARY(16) NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY WebEncoding VARCHAR(16) CHARACTER SET ascii NULL
DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY PGPKey BLOB NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY Timezone VARBINARY(50) NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY Timezone VARCHAR(50) CHARACTER SET ascii NULL
DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY EmailAddress VARBINARY(120) NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY EmailAddress VARCHAR(120) CHARACTER SET ascii NULL
DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY EmailEncoding VARBINARY(16) NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY EmailEncoding VARCHAR(16) CHARACTER SET ascii NULL
DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY Lang VARBINARY(16) NULL DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE Users MODIFY Lang VARCHAR(16) CHARACTER SET ascii NULL DEFAULT
NULL;

I then injected these statements into rt3 database: mysql -u root -p rt3
<sql.queries without getting an output.

I checked back RT's web interface but i still have the same problem: ticket
subjects, custom fields and templates are all scrambled :(

Regards