[rt-users] Charset issues after upgrade to 3.8.1

BALINT Bekeny bekeny-rt at docca.hu
Wed Sep 3 05:06:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I reported the same problem here (but nobody answered):
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2008-August/053512.html

I think there is a lack in the mysql upgrade document or in the upgrade
script.
I did it on a test environment and didn't have time to find out the real
solution,
so I delayed the migration of the real system.

Some more information:
- After migration, new entries (for example CF-s) seemed good, even if they
have non-ascii characters.
- In mysql CLI:   show variables like 'c%'   shows that everything is utf8
(so this seems good)

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
--