[rt-users] Blank Web page when clicking on some queues in RT 3.8.1

Chris Nelson cnelson at delivra.com
Fri Sep 5 11:07:47 EDT 2008

Greetings.

I am running RT 3.8.1 on an Ubuntu server (specs below).  I just upgraded
from 3.6. Unfortunately, I am a Linux novice - so, my apologies in advance.
Here is the situation:

I have 4 queues. I created 2 User Groups. I am a member of the IT Group. I
have granted the IT Group every right available. I am also a member of the
AdminCC group on the DBA Queue (along with my DBA). Now, when I click on his
queue, I get a blank screen - literally an empty Web page. The URL string
appears correct in the Address bar, but there is no content on the page. At
that point, when I click the Back button, or close the browser and reopen -
the screen stays blank as long as anything that begins with my RT URL
remains in the address bar. (I do not have a problem browsing to other Web
pages, like Google - it's just the RT instance that I can no longer view). I
figured out that if I go into FireFox settings (I'm running FF 3, btw) and
delete the cookie, I can then go back to my RT instance, log in and continue
(as long as I don't go to his queue). Interestingly, he has the same problem
if he clicks on the IT queue. We can both view the default "General" queue
just fine.

I'm really stumped. I just upgraded last night - and I should note that
these problems did not exist before then. I struggled to get the update
complete (just because I'm such a Linux newbie) - but am extremely excited
about the new look/feel. The only other anomoly I noticed is that I'm
logging in more than I ever have before - for one example, sometimes if I
click on the Configuration Page, I have to login before it takes me there -
etc. I never had to do that before. This leads me to believe that these
problems are related to authentication, but I have no idea where to begin.

Server Info:

   - Ubuntu: 7.0.4 fiesty
   - Apache: 2.2.3
   - Perl: 5.8.8
   - MySQL: 5.0.38-Ubuntu_0ubuntu1-log Ubuntu 7.04 distribution
   - I have not enabled the GUI and do not intend to do so
   - When I ran the configuration, I changed the prefix to /opt/rt3.8/

Thanks so much for you time - I sincerely appreciate it!
-Chris