[rt-users] auto forward tickets/replies to specific users

chaim.rieger at gmail.com chaim.rieger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 09:24:43 EDT 2008

Admincc or just plain cc

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: David Burrows <davidb at vuetec.com>

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:49:45
To: <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Subject: [rt-users] auto forward tickets/replies to specific users

We maintain several support@ email addresses, which at the moment get
sent via distribution lists to our various support people.  We wish to
transition from this setup, to hopefully, an RT setup.

In order to this, we would like the ability to have a copy of each
ticket/response forwarded to an address AFTER the ticket/response has
been added to the queue.

eg.  Customer Tim sends "help me" to support at mydomain.com
The following ticket "[mydomain.com #12345] help me" is created, and a
copy of this ticket is emailed to supportcopy at mydomain.com (WITH the
modified subject)

This way, anyone who receives "supportcopy at mydomain.com", if they were
to reply to this email (and cc the reply back to support at mydomain.com)
.. then the reply will get linked to the appropriate ticket.

Ultimately, when everyone is comfortable with using the new RT system,
they can be removed from the "supportcopy at mydomain.com" list, and use
the web interface instead.

Thanking anyone kindly for any assistance they can give in advance. :)