[rt-users] Searching on status of depedencies?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 8 20:02:40 EDT 2008

Todd,

I'm not
On Sep 8, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Todd L Miller wrote:

> 	I'm using RT to do ticket-tracking for software development.  I
> would like to use RT to the answer the question "What can I work on
> now?".
> I'd been using a search that checked for existing dependencies, but RT
> doesn't appear to distinguish between resovled and unresolved
> dependencies.  I saw some 'scrips' online that could work around this
> using the 'stalled' status, but they were incomplete (a ticket needs
> become stalled if it gains a dependency), and it's not clear that
> it's a
> good idea to run them for everybody else (using the same RT
> installation
> for normal ticket tracking), or if it's possible to restrict them to a
> particular queue.  I also saw a suggestion about a "custom search
> module."
> I rather suspect this is what I actually want to do -- add
> "UnresolvedDependencies" to ticket SQL -- but I can't find
> documentation
> on it anywhere.  Do I need to buy the book?  Thanks.

It looks like the cleanest way to do this would be to write a custom
search that calls

$Ticket->HasUnresolvedDependencies() for each item in the collection's
results.

This is something we've done significantly differently in Hiveminder
and I totally understand why you want it, but I'm not sure there's a
clean and simple way to get it today.

-jesse