[rt-users] Fedora Core 9 versus Ubuntu

zbigniew at starpower.net zbigniew at starpower.net
Wed Sep 10 17:14:17 EDT 2008

Just an FYI email...

We have been using RT 3.6 for a year now.  A few months ago we upgraded to 3.8 and ever since the performance on certain actions has been painful.  In my opinion it is related to perl, not mysql.  Sometimes I can submit a comment using the web interface and I will get the email before the screen refreshes.

So, on a whim I installed the latest version of Ubuntu and copied the database over.  Oddly enough RT screams!  So, I am going to start using Ubuntu instead of Fedora.

If anyone wants more details, I can do some version comparisons and such.

-Patrick