[rt-users] Upgraded RT and Ubuntu and now Apache2 can't find RT::Mason

Chris Nelson cnelson at delivra.com
Wed Sep 10 23:49:18 EDT 2008

I'm a Linux newbie. I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 (I just upgraded from 7.0.4). I
am running RT 3.8.1 (I just upgraded from 3.6). I happen to be running
TikiWiki on this server and it's working just fine (so, at least I know that
Apache is working - and the server is serving Web pages in general).

My Apache2 error log shows that it can't find RT::Mason.

I noticed that my old apache config referenced a file 'webmux.pl' - which
didn't exist in /opt/rt3.8/bin/ and did exist in
/etc/request-tracker3.6/bin/. So, I copied the file to /opt/rt3.8/bin and
updated the Apache Config to reference the new file location.

So, if I comment out the webmux.pl line in the Apache config - I get a 404
error. If I leave it in, I get a 500 Internal Server error.

I feel like I've been very high maintenance with this upgrade. I can't tell
you all how extremely helpful you've been! Thanks all,
-Chris