[rt-users] Bug in installer (was: Plugins question)

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Thu Sep 11 08:19:56 EDT 2008

Hello!

I'm not absolut sure if I you have the same problem but there seems to
be a bug in the install system

I have in my site config, the follwing line:
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RTx::EmailCompletion RTx::BecomeUser)));

If I look in RT.pm I see the following function:
sub PluginDirs {
..
        $plugindir =~ s/::/-/g;

#the plugin dir is now RTx-EmailCompletion
..
        next unless -d $path;
# this will be always executed because my local plugin dir look like
#
#[root at rt-testsys-1 plugins]# ls
#/opt/rt3/local/plugins/BecomeUser
#/opt/rt3/local/plugins/EmailCompletion

        push @res, $path;

#we will never arrive here

My workaround was to create symlinks with the "RTx-" prefix,
and after cleaning the mason cache everything works.

So there is obvisioly a bug, in the plugin installer or
in RT.

regards!

sven