[rt-users] Disable fulltext search on simple search

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Thu Sep 11 11:32:48 EDT 2008

It can be pretty frustrating for users to have trouble locating
a ticket easily with searches. I can see disabling full-text
body searching, but not the simple search fields. The best solution
is to use a DB with full-text indexing support. Currently, the wiki
has a patch for Oracle and we will be submiting a similar patch for
use with PostgreSQL 8.3 and later. Then you get your cake and can
eat it too.  :)

Cheers,
Ken