[rt-users] RT 3.8.1: "Tickets" interface logs you out

Chris Searle chris+lists at chrissearle.org
Fri Sep 12 02:55:29 EDT 2008

> You need to follow the instructions if you are upgrading from < 3.8 to
> 3.8.1 no matter what your mysql database version is. That's my
> understanding.

Ah. My understanding of the UPGRADING.mysql doc was that you needed to
run it for converting from mysql 4.0 to 4.1. 	Since my 3.6.x install
was running fine on MySQL 5.x I simply assumed that this was already
in place. And my assumption of the naming of the schema files
was .mysql for current (5.x) and .mysql-4.1 for older (4.x). It seems
that its .mysql for old, .mysql-4.1 for 4.1 _and_ later.

I'd also assumed that the make upgrade process that runs a schema
update for you after prompting you for the version you were running
before included this change. That would be my bad assumption.

Odd - now reading back through both documents I can't actually see how
I came to that conclusion - but there you go.

Now my only issue is getting a late enough copy of dbd::mysql on the
box where only 3.008 is in the package tree - without breaking
everything else that uses it :)

--
Chris