[rt-users] Confused by rt-dump-database

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Sep 12 17:01:19 EDT 2008

I'm try to use rt-dump-database to move RT configs between development and
production, but am confused by how it's supposed to be used.

rt-dump-database takes an optional parameter to turn $LocalOnly on/off  and
it is on by default. This means no ACLs get dumped. If I turn it off, then
it goes into an infinite loop, which is documented in the code.

What series of steps should be performed to use this correctly?

Also, I was running into problems with XML parsing errors. There were pretty
easily cleared up by converting rt-dump-database to product YAML format
instead of XML.

Thanks.

-Todd