[rt-users] RT 3.6.7/PgSQL extremely slow on merged tickets

Niko Tyni ntyni+rt-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sun Sep 14 10:45:56 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 12:55:10PM +0000, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> we're running RT 3.6.7 (Debian package) with a PostgreSQL 8.3 database

> Displaying a simple ticket that got merged out of two tickets with five
> comments in total took 81 seconds, during this time RT displayed the
> message
>
> Sep 14 14:52:39 svr01 RT: We found a merged ticket.6591/6599

Hi,

this was reported in the Debian bug tracker just two days ago, and the
problem is in Sys::Syslog. See <http://bugs.debian.org/498692>.
Quoting myself there:

 The quick fix is to install the separate libsys-syslog-perl package,
 which has a fixed version, or raise the logging priority ($LogToSyslog)
 from 'debug' in RT_SiteConfig.pm.
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org