[rt-users] Overnight segfault since RT 3.8.1 upgrade

James Chamberlain jamesc at exa.com
Mon Sep 15 07:34:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been having an odd issue since I upgraded from RT 3.8.0 to RT 3.8.1.
Every morning, any attempt to do anything with RT, including load the
"Login" page, results in a segfault from Apache.  If I restart Apache,
everything works again until the next morning.  I presume this means it's
related to something that's going on through cron, but since RT 3.8.0 was
working just fine, I'm not sure what that might be.

I have a fairly plain-vanilla CentOS 5.2 system (mysql-5.0.45-7.el5).  I
can provide more details if they'd be helpful, but didn't want to pollute
the mailing list unnecessarily.  I did manage to use strace to capture what
was going on with Apache when a segfault happened, if that would be
helpful.

Has anyone seen this before?  I don't think I saw anything in the mailing
list archives, but I'd appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on what I can
do to fix this.

Thanks,

James