[rt-users] Opinions requested: RT 3.8 typefaces

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 15 09:23:38 EDT 2008

Over the weekend, Mike at westwideweb.com blogged about some issues he
was seeing in RT's 3.8's default font choices on Windows.  When I
asked for a bit more detail about what he was seeing, he offered up
some screenshots to prove his point.

Without giving away what he changed, I've made up a couple static
versions of an RT homepage. To maintain a thin veneer of 'science', I
won't tell you what's been changed between the alpha and beta versions
of the page.

What I would like from you, rt-users is as follows:

* If alpha renders better in your browser, reply to me personally with
the word "alpha" as the first word of your reply.
* If beta renders better in your browser, reply to me personally with
the word "beta" as the first word of your reply.
* If alpha and beta look the same in your browser, please do not reply
to this message.

When you reply, it would be helpful if you could tell me what browser
and OS you're using.

http://fsck.com/~jesse/ab-tests/fonts/alpha/
http://fsck.com/~jesse/ab-tests/fonts/beta/

To read Mike's original post, you can visit http://xrl.us/oq6mn
(I shortened the link because the title gives away exactly what he
changed.)

Thanks!

Jesse