[rt-users] Fresh install of RT 3.6.6 - admin leary of upgrade to 3.8.1

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Sep 15 19:49:59 EDT 2008

What the hell is a POC?

If you have any decent distro with a modern Perl (no A), Apache, and MySQL,
it's not that hard to get a vanilla install. In fact, most of the
dependencies can
be handled by one or two invocations of

  perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::RT'

After that, configure, make testdeps and make install. Easy peasy.
I had more trouble with my host's use of RHEL4 (not recommendef) and SELinux
(also a pain), than RT itself.

RPM's and other packages are overated. Good for binaries, bad for perl modules.
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet