[rt-users] RT or SearchBuilder bug?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 16 12:56:49 EDT 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Todd Chapman wrote:

> $QueueObj->TicketCustomFields->Count  includes disabled fields in
> it's Count. Should that be?
>
> If I do it this way:
>
> my $cfs = $QueueObj->TicketCustomFields;
> $cfs->ItemsArrayRef;
> my $count = $cfsw->Count;
>
> the the correct number is returned.
>
> SB version 1.48, RT version 3.6.3
>
> Is my technique wrong or is there a bug?

This is the same issue you see when doing a ticket search in RT.
"Count" does a raw COUNT() in the database if you haven't previously
actually loaded all the data from the database. Otherwise, it counts
the rows on the perl side.

ItemsArrayRef fully instantiates the list.

You could get the same behaviour by calling:

$cfs->First; $cfs->Count;