[rt-users] Performance problems with 3.8.1

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Wed Sep 17 09:57:39 EDT 2008

For FastCGI, I changed my configuration to allow multiple processes so
other requests aren't getting queued up when big queries are hitting the
server. Without this setting the site was pretty slow to respond but
once the request got in it was fast. I've also changed the default idle
timeout to something similar to mod_perl2, the default was triggering on
normal stuff, some un-indexed fields in search were causing really slow
count()s..

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 300 -processes 4

Also the recommended shared buffers would be tailored to your instance,
in our case we have nearly 1GB in indexes alone so ours is set fairly
high. Generally you want it high enough so it doesn't have to swap out
indexes all the time.

Curtis