[rt-users] Simple Search Problem

Smith, Cameron J cjsmith at purdue.edu
Wed Sep 17 16:56:41 EDT 2008

Hello all,

Running 3.6.5 here with MySQL 5.0.38.

We have multiple queues and multiple groups - generally there's a 1:1
relationship between user group and queue.  For instance GroupA has the
following permissions set for QueueA :

CommentOnTicket

DeleteTicket

ModifyTicket

OwnTicket

ReplyToTicket

SeeQueue

ShowOutgoingEmail

ShowTicket

ShowTicketComments

StealTicket

TakeTicket

Our Everyone role has :

CommentOnTicket

CreateTicket

ReplyToTicket

GroupB:QueueB has the same permissions as GroupA:QueueA above ... so on
and so forth.

Question : When a user in GroupB searches for a term like "test" a total
of 43 results appear, but only 4 are visible to that user.  In some
instances, this is causing pagination problems whereby a user must
scroll through pages of empty results (showing something like "Found 437
tickets" in the results header) to finally arrive at a page that
contains a result that he can see.  Has anyone else encountered this
problem - have I set the permissions incorrectly - is there  a patch -
any recommendations?

Thanks!

Cameron