[rt-users] How to setup basic permissions?

Charlie Reddington charlie.reddington at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:27:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

Here's what I'd like to have done.

I have 4 queues for different departments. I am setting up the global
permissions for ALL our users. I'd like them to have these abilities.

- See their own tickets
- See what queues they can put new tickets into
- Reply / modify their own tickets / dashboards / profiles

What I don't want them to have is.

- ability to read items that they do not own / create

I have created a group called USERS, that everyone starts out in. This
group has the following permissions.

- CreateOwnDashboard
- CreatedSavedSearch
- CreateTicket
- DeleteOwnDashboard
- ModifyOwnDashboard
- ModifySelf
- ModifyTicket
- ReplyToTicket
- SeeOwnDashboard
- SeeQueue ( I have no idea how else for them to view their tickets,
which also seems to let them see everything)
- ShowTicket
- Watch

So far I have it so they see to much, with no easy way for them to see
only thier tickets. Any advice? I'm sure I need to remove / add some
permissions for the groups.

Thanks,

Charlie