[rt-users] Ticket creation issue -- Was -- Re: How to setup basic permissions?

Charlie Reddington charlie.reddington at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:01:44 EDT 2008

Okay so I have been messing with different permissions all morning and
it looks like I need some guidance to get what I'm looking done.

I don't want the users to have access to the contents of what is in my
queues, yet I want them to see what queues we have to better place
their ticket to the right place. e.g. - development - engineering - etc.

If I remove the permission of 'view queues' they do not get any
options for where to create a ticket in on the web interface. If I add
it, they can now get access to the queues.

Is there a solution to work past this problem?

Maybe a proper recipe of permissions, maybe a file I need to modify,
I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Charlie